This course is suitable for those who wish to take up an apprenticeship in beauty. The course will cover advanced practical skills and theory and will enable you to make wide and varied career choices.
The course consists of eight units and is challenging and intensive. Emphasis is on practical assessments, assignment deadlines, external tests plus graded assessments.
You will attend timetabled salon and classroom sessions for all units;
- Working with colleagues within the beauty related industry
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Apply micro-dermabrasion
How you will learn:
- Practical sessions
- Various certificated workshops
- Continuous assessment
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
- Each application considered on individual merit
- VRQ or NVQ Level 2 Diploma Beauty Therapy
- Navy tunic and trousers (approximately £60)
- Textbooks – £47
- Hot stone kit (price to be confirmed)
Students can go on to study VTCT Level 3 Complementary Therapies or a Foundation Degree in Beauty Therapy. Students may seek employment on cruise liners, hotels, health spas or with world wide health and beauty organisations.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.