This course will provide basic bookkeeping skills to anyone thinking of setting up a small business or for anyone running a small business to enhance their skills with bookkeeping and cash management. In addition this course will introduce you to accounting courses and could lead to progression onto the Associated Accounting Technician Programme (AAT level 2).
Bookkeeping and Accounts
This is a short course run over a 6 week period 2 hours per week.
- Know how to complete financial documents
- Be able to record cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Be able to prepare bank reconciliation
- Be able to extract a trial balance from the ledger accounts
- The purpose and content of financial documents
- Complete financial documents
- Enter invoices and credit notes in day books
- Transfer totals into ledger book
- Post individual transactions into ledger book
- Record cash book transactions and credit transactions using double entry bookkeeping
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement using appropriate information
- Balance ledger accounts
- Extract the trial balance from the ledger book and cash book
The assessment is a time constrained paper completed under examination conditions. You will be given plenty of support and preparation for this assessment and past papers to prepare you.
- No formal entry requirements
- Text books estimated at £85
- Course fee £150 (may increase for 2017 entry)
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate.