The course aims to develop skills and business knowledge in students at higher education level. It is essential that students have the necessary motivation and time available to undertake background reading and research whilst on this course.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Introducing the Modern Workplace
- Global Business Environment
- Academic Skills
- Community Engagement
- Marketing Fundamentals
Year Two (subject to change):
- Management Accounting
- Data Management and Business Intelligence
- Managing People
- Global Financial Markets
- The Marketing Environment
- A minimum of two GCSEs at grade C or above to include English and Maths (may include 1 relevant equivalent)
- 32 UCAS points. Alternatively, relevant training and experience equivalent to NVQ Level3.
- Direct admission for applicants who have been out of full time education for more than two years will be considered based on previous learning or experience.
- Each application is considered on individual merit.
- A genuine interest in management and business.
- Budget for books
- Internet access would be an advantage
- Stationery approximately – £30
- A wide range of business functions, including: management, accountancy, marketing, finance, personnel and purchasing.
- Successful students may progress to the BA Hons Business Management top-up studying one year fulltime or two years part time.
Offering degree courses since 1992, the College has entered into a strategic alliance with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea Metropolitan University, Coleg Sir Gar and Coleg Ceredigion. The result is a dual sector university based on a dynamic new vision for the delivery of higher education within the region, endorsed by the Welsh Assembly Government.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate.