Learn how to carry out the basic maintenance tasks required to enable a bicycle to run reliably and safely. This one day course is aimed at those over the age of 16, we do run children’s courses during school holidays (please check out our Holiday Clubs).
- Removal, replacement and adjustment of saddles and seatposts
- Removal, replacement and adjustment of braking systems
- Removal, replacement and adjustment of handlebars
- Removal and replacement of headset assemblies
- Remove, lubricate and adjust wheel hub bearings
- Removal and replacement of bottom brackets
- Remove, lubricate and adjust pedal bearings
- Removal and replacement of tubular tyres
- Set-up a bicycle to fit a rider correctly
- Prepare and check frames and forks
- Removal and replacement of cranks
- Removal and replacement of chains
- Bicycle safety checks
- Puncture repairs
You will need to bring ID with you to your first class, such as driving license, passport, bank card etc.
Please bring a pen and notebook with you if you wish to take notes and don’t forget your bike!
Once you have decided that this course is for you, to book online, please select the start date for your chosen course from the drop down list and add to cart. If you are booking for more than one person, please put the extra person’s name in the comments box.
You can also book over the telephone by calling 01437 753206/139.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate.