A two year course intended for students wishing to join the engineering side of the marine industry. Through a series of practical tasks and lectures, it will provide a sound understanding of marine engineering craft processes, an appreciation of related science and technology and an introduction into the marine craft industry.
City & Guilds Technical Certificate 2463 Part 1 and 2. Major topics covered are routine and in depth servicing of marine engines and propulsion systems, ancillary system services and install. You will progress through Level 2 in the first year and complete your Level 3 in the second year. In the second year you will study units in Marine Electrics.
- Two GCSEs (may include one relevant equivalent) to include maths grade C or above and English Language/First Language Welsh grade D or above
- Each application considered on individual merit
- Entry is subject to interview
- Students must provide their own lace-up steel toe cap safety boots
- Flame retardant overalls – £25
- Tools will be provided but students are advised to purchase their own during the course
- Stationery approximately – £30
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate.