This is the complete set of online training courses for Sage 50 Payroll. These official Sage courses will help you to quickly get to grips with the software. The course will help you gain a firm understanding of the basic principles of Sage 50 Payroll, form navigation and set up through to getting started with legislation and producing useful reports for your business.
Sage 50 Payroll
This Sage e-learning course collection provides the complete set of skills you need to run Sage 50 Payroll. With this flexible course you can log on and work online whenever suits you. Simulations in the course give you a realistic learning experience and interactive quizzes help test your knowledge as you go along.
At the end of each stage there is a final online multiple choice test that challenges you to demonstrate how well you now know your software.
STAGE 1 provides a firm understanding of the basic principles of Sage 50 Payroll, from navigation and set up through to getting started with legislation and producing useful reports for your business. By the end of this course level you will be able to:
- Navigate confidently in Sage 50 Payroll
- Check the legislation settings in your software
- Configure your software to suit your company requirements
- Set-up and amend employee records, payments and deductions, basic pension schemes and users and access rights
- Understand reports in the system that aid in the completion of tasks such as: Pay Elements reports and Company Detail reports
STAGE 2 will help you understand how to run basic payroll processes through to completing RTI submission, period end, paying your employees and producing reports. The training will teach you how to:
- Run a basic weekly or monthly payroll
- Email appropriate payslips to employees
- Perform and submit RTI routines including Full Payment Submission (FPS), National Insurance Number Verification (NVR) and Employer Payment Summary (EPS)
- Correct errors during processing using the Rollback and Restore functions
- Set up new starters and process leavers
- Complete Period End Routines including producing the P32
- Process electronic payments to employees and HMRC directly from Sage Payroll
STAGE 3 will help you learn to deal with more advanced operations in Sage 50 Payroll from entering and processing attachments of earnings orders, statutory sick pay, maternity, paternity and adoption pay to setting up holiday schemes and recording holidays. It covers how to:
- Process statutory payments including statutory sick pay, maternity pay and paternity and adoption pay
- Allocate and process Attachment of Earnings
- Create and administrate Holiday schemes and employee absence
- Produce historical reports including payslips
- Edit payslips
- Create basic reports in the Report Designer tool
There are no entry requirements for this online course.
To access this course, we recommend that you use a Windows PC running Windows 7, 8,10 and use Internet Explorer 10 or 11 as your web browser.
This course will not work on Apple Macintosh computers.
This course is £295
Please contact the Pembrokeshire College Online Team on 01437 753 191 for more details on this course.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate.