News & Events
All set to compete
- Posted by: pembscollegesuperadmin
Pembrokeshire College are proud to announce that nine of their students have made it through to the WorldSkills finals next month.
The College has a strong record of students competing at WorldSkills but this is a record number of students for the College and it’s a massive achievement for them to be competing at this level. Well done to all nine!
The talented group are now preparing to compete at the Skills Show final, held in front of an audience of over 80,000, at Birmingham NEC on 13th to 15th November 2014.
The following students will be showcasing their savvy skills:
- Lauren Edmundson and Demi Hindley will be competing in Aromatherapy
- Sally Sanderson will be competing in Nail Art
- Annalea Lawrence and Nicola Phillips will be competing in Reflexology
- Chris Hickman will be competing in Construction Metal Work
- Nathan Davies, Luke Lawrence and Ross Lascelles will be competing in Welding
Some of the group have already successfully found work in companies such as Main Port Engineering (1990) Ltd and Ledwood Associates.
Engineering & Construction Lecturer, Jo Bradshaw said: “All competitors work to a very high standard and to get to the UK final is a great accomplishment.”
Pembrokeshire College would like to wish the group the very best of luck at the nation’s largest skills and careers event. Pob lwc!