Air Source Heat Pumps
Air Source Heat Pumps
BPEC Level 3 Heat Pump Systems NOS Mapped
This is a nationally recognised qualification course is aimed at experienced heating engineers who wish to fit, air source, heat pumps.
Is this course right for me?
This three day qualification is for learners to be able to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to install heat pumps systems within the Building Services Engineering (BSE) renewable sector. The target groups for the qualification are those learners who are:
- Updating occupational competence, continuous professional development and/or obtaining a licence to practice
- Preparing for further learning or training and/or developing knowledge and/or skills in a subject area and are existing workers in the occupation seeking to extend their range of work
Learners should have a minimum NVQ Level 2/3 qualification in plumbing or conventional heating engineering, or a demonstrable number of years of relevant experience, plus Water Regulations/Byelaws.
Although not a pre-requisite for this heat pump course, it is recommended that learners complete the BPEC Low Temperature Hot Water Heating Systems qualification (LTH-001) to enhance their knowledge of the design of low temperature hot water heating systems that utilise a heat pump as the heat source.
Content covered include:
- Heat pumps in context
- How a Heat pump works – principles and components
- Insulation, heat losses and the effect of heating system design
- Domestic hot water, buffer tanks and solar coils
- Health and Safety
- Heat pump installation
- Maintenance and fault finding
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Practical assessment during the course
- Practical examination
- Written examination
The BPEC Heat Pump Systems programme is recognised as a demonstration of competence for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
Following completion of this course you might want to try another one of our Energy Centre courses.
- Copies of prior learning and/or qualifications
- No additional costs
- Personal Learning Account (PLA) funding may be available for this course (subject to eligibility). Click here for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org