VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
The beauty industry offers lots of opportunities for individuals who are interested in making other people look and feel good.
No available seats
Is this course right for me?
This is a one year intensive course which is ideal for mature learners who want the flexibility of a part-time course and who are currently working or intending to work in a beauty therapy salon. It is also suitable for beauty therapy apprentices.
This 34 weeks (one academic year) course normally runs on Mondays, 09:00 – 18:00, starting in September.
- Good personal presentation and communication skills are required
- Each application is considered on individual merit
The course is a combination of timetabled salon and classroom sessions. It is highly practical with an emphasis on the development of skills through continuous training and assessment together with assignment work at home.
The following units are covered:
- Health and safety
- Promote services and products
- Working in beauty related industries
- Client care and communication
- Facial skincare
- Waxing techniques
- Eye care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Creating an image based on a theme
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical examination
- If taken as an apprenticeship then reviews with your assessor and employer will take place every 1-2 months and you will be expected to have developed your skills and knowledge between each review
Suitable for those hoping to work in health hydro’s, beauty therapy salons, cruise ships, mobile home business, health and fitness clubs, television and theatre work and cosmetic sales. Learners can progress on to Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
Following completion of this course you might want to try another one of our work-based courses.
- Text books - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course, most text books are available to loan from the college library or online libraries
- Beauty Therapy kit - this includes the basics you will need during the course and into the future - £108
- Make-up and brush kit - £165
- Facial kit - £42
- Beauty Therapy uniform - £40/£56
- You may be eligible for funding. Find out more on our student finance page
Any costs above are approximate and may change.
- No additional costs