Award Winning Support
All students receive additional guidance, support and help from our team of experienced international office staff alongside induction activities that are designed to help settle you into college life.
Free Health Service
During College induction, the international office will help you to register with a doctor. If you are on a full-time course, any NHS medical consultation or treatment that you may require during your studies will be provided free of charge.
As a student of Pembrokeshire College you will also receive:
- Welcome and orientation programme on arrival
- Diagnostic placement test on arrival
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Welfare and Accommodation Officer
- Advice, Guidance and Welfare Support
- Careers service
- UCAS (University & Colleges Application Service), progression and initial course guidance (specialist university support for medical school applications)
- Full access to our extensive computer centre and excellent Study Centre
- Social programme
- Regular academic progress reports and contact with your parents
- Access to the College counsellor, nurse and interdenominational chaplain as well as learner and pastoral coaches who are on-hand should you have any queries
Induction and your first week
During your first week at Pembrokeshire College you will take part in an induction programme that includes: enrolment to your course, opening a UK bank account, registering with the local doctor’s surgery. You will be provided with a comprehensive induction folder containing useful information which you can refer to during your time at Pembrokeshire College.
As an international student you will have the opportunity to meet up with your tutor on a regular basis to discuss your progress and any problems you may have. Your tutor will also help you to track your progress and keep your parent/guardian/sponsor informed of your developments.
The International Office is here to help you with anything you need during your stay. If you have any concerns or problems, please contact someone in the International Office who will be happy to help you.
The College takes the safeguarding of all its learners seriously and has a Designated Senior Lead for Safeguarding and Wellbeing.
All reports of abuse will be investigated in accordance with the College’s Safeguarding Policy. Should you have any reason to report an incident, please contact your tutor, international officer or any member of staff who will report it. Alternatively, contact one of the safeguarding officers who can be found in the Learner Contact Centre.
Maxine Thomas, Designated Senior Lead for Safeguarding and Wellbeing
01437 753 100 | email@example.com
Pembrokeshire College is licenced by the UK Borders Agency to recruit international students and is a Highly Trusted listed College, Sponsor Licence Number X323NDPFO.