If you want to discover the thrill of expressing yourself through still images then this is the course for you.
If you have a passion for fine art photography this course will enable you to study and analyse the work of renowned photographers and artists, using their work to inspire and influence your own. Throughout your time studying this creative subject you will be given many opportunities to practice on location as well as in our studio, darkroom and digital darkroom. We will strive to broaden your imaginative and creative powers whilst developing your analytical, documenting, research and writing skills.
Photography A-level demands a high level of commitment – you will need to be self-motivated as many assignments are worked on outside of lecture time, including research and written assignments, with a large element of the course content assessed by written work.
An A-level photography student…..
- has a passion for the visual arts
- is articulate and can express ideas clearly, evidenced by achieving GCSE English Language (A-C)
- recognises that research, planning and evaluation are key to successful images
- has commitment and patience, and perseveres when things go wrong
- takes a mature and responsible approach to their work and fellow students and is aware of the health and safety implications of the darkroom and studio environments
- is prepared to work in their own time
If you have an aptitude for the subject, if you are creative or “have an eye for taking a good photo”, you may have the basic skills to succeed.