Who is this for?
People of any age can undertake an apprenticeship in Construction. We offer Construction Apprenticeships in Brickwork, Carpentry, Joinery and Higher Apprenticeships in Construction Site Supervision. This application page covers all four routes. Electrical and Plumbing Apprenticeships have their own application pages. Apprenticeships in Construction comprise of:
- College based training one day per week in your chosen trade.
- An NVQ qualification which is assessed in the workplace.
- Literacy and Numeracy Qualifications unless you have appropriate GCSEs.
To apply for an apprenticeship, you must have an employer willing to employ you for the duration of your apprenticeship. If you do not have an employer but would still like to join the one day per week training course, you should visit the Part time Applications page.
Your prospective employer will need to:
- Be able to release you one day per week to attend college
- Provide us with evidence of suitable insurance
- Be happy to discuss Health and Safety procedures with your assessor