For those working with wood in the construction industry, or working towards an apprenticeship, this qualification is ideal for demonstrating your competence. It is a measure of your ability to carry out a range of work to criteria which has been set by the industry, and is recognised by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) and will enable you to gain the CSCS Blue Card. This is a QCF qualification that confirms competency in working in wood occupations. You will learn how to conform to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace, how to conform to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace and how to move, handle and store resources in the workplace.
Wood Occupations – Architectural Joinery
Future Career Opportunities:
This qualification prepares you for work in the construction industry, with a specific focus on wood occupations. Upon completion you can apply to CSCS, or other industry card schemes, to gain a skills card that will enable you to work on site in your chosen trade. If you wish to progress to become a supervisor working on site, you may wish to consider any of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction)
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision (Construction)
To achieve the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) – Architectural Joinery, learners must achieve 41 credits in total. 29 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units and a minimum of 12 credits from the optional units available.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Manufacturing routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Marking out from setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
- Producing setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
Like all NVQs, these qualifications are competence based. This means that they are linked to a person’s ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. These qualifications are internally assessed and internally verified by Pembrokeshire College and externally verified by OCR Assessors.
Assessment: Monthly visit from your assessor to your place of work – for observation, discussion, look at work related products to build a Portfolio of Evidence.
There are no formal entry requirements.
- No Fee if this course is taken as an Apprenticeship
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.