This course provides an entry point and introduction for those new to teaching and training or wishing to teach or train.
Education & Training – AET (6502)
This course will provide you with an understanding of the essential elements of effective performance in the classroom or other settings including:-
- Learning and teaching strategies
- Role and responsibilities
- Relationships between teachers and other professionals
- Delivering effective learning and teaching sessions
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Inclusive learning and teaching
- Opportunities for learners to practise their literacy, language, numeracy and ICT skills
- Evaluating own practice in delivering inclusive learning and teaching
- Types and methods of assessment
- Record keeping
Students are required to complete the following assignments:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in lifelong learning
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
- 2 written assignments
- 1 practical microteach complete with evaluation forms
- You should normally be qualified to Level 3 within the area you intend to teach/instruct but not essential.
Course fee: £325 (subject to change for the new academic year).
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.