Level 3 is ideal if you have just gained your Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification or have worked in a salon or similar job for some time and want to become a senior member of staff and to demonstrate specialist skills.
The course consists of eight units and is challenging and intensive. Emphasis is on practical assessments, assignment deadlines, external tests plus graded assessments. You will attend timetabled salon and classroom sessions for all units:
- Working with colleagues within beauty related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide self-tanning
- Provide micro-dermabrasion
- Apply stone therapy
The course will run over 1 long day per week (usually a Tuesday from 9am – 6pm) which will include an evening in the College’s commercial salon. Candidates may be required to bring their own clients into the College’s salon in order to complete the assessments in a range of skills.