You will learn about hybrid system components and operation, how to work safely on hybrid and related vehicle systems and how to work safely around electric vehicles.
Hybrid Electric Vehicle Operation and Maintenance
By the end of this course, the learners will develop their knowledge of how to:
- Identify the components that make up the hybrid system
- Describe the construction and function of battery modules
- Describe the construction and function of hybrid motors
- Describe the construction and function of associated hybrid components
- State safety precautions to be taken before carrying out routine maintenance
- State safety precautions to be taken before carrying out any repair procedures on hybrid vehicles
- Identify high voltage cabling and associated components
- Describe the precautions required when working with hybrid components
- Identify the possibility of the hybrid system affecting repairs on other vehicle systems
- Describe the procedures required to make safe the hybrid system before carrying out repair activities
- Describe the precautions taken prior to removing and replacing high voltage components
- Describe appropriate methods to re-instate vehicles after repairs affecting hybrid systems
- Identify additional tools and equipment required to carry out work on hybrid vehicles
- Describe how to connect an additional 12-volt power source to a hybrid vehicle
There are no formal entry requirements.
The cost of the course is £300
(subject to change for the new academic year).
- Subsidies are available to eligible employed learners
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.