This course aims to provide an introduction to the skills of plastering and is not designed for experienced plasterers to enhance their skills.
Introduction to Plastering
- Introduction to the workshop and the tool store
- Application of scratch coats forming a mechanical key
- Plumb dot and screed work
- Mixing and application of a setting coat to prepare a floated background (including types of plaster)
- Repair to solid two coat work
- Use of PVA to finish a previously set wall surface
The course will also cover techniques of plastering such as pebble dash and rough cast.
There are no formal entry requirements
- Steel toe capped boots
The cost of the course is £150 (subject to change for the new academic year).
To secure your place you can book and pay in our online shop by clicking the ‘Book & Pay’ button at the top of the page.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.