This course provides knowledge in diet and nutrition for your own use, and will also be helpful if you work in any health/well-being or fitness related employment.
Nutrition for Healthy Living
- Structure and function of the digestive system
- The glycemic index
- The role of cholesterol, macro nutrients and micro nutrients
- Guidelines for a healthy, balanced diet
- Obesity and weight management
- Diet and nutrition for healthy living
- Food groups and digestion
Internally assessed via worksheet and presentation
- Internal assessment
- Practical examination
There are no formal entry requirements.
Course fee: £65 (subject to change for the new academic year).
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.