The main aim of the VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Lymphatic Drainage Massage is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide lymphatic drainage massage to the general public and to gain employment in the therapy industry.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Workshop
- Consultation and contra-indications, selecting suitable massage mediums for the client’s skin type, classical lymphatic drainage movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs
- Health and safety and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the lymphatic drainage massage skills effectively in particular the structure and function of the lymphatic system and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a massage setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a massage therapist
Once learners have achieved the qualification, they may progress on to other equivalent qualifications at level 3 for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy Massage
- Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage
Level 2 or above in Massage/Complementary Therapies or Level 3 in a massage related qualification e.g. Beauty Therapy
- Name badge, black or navy therapy tunic and trousers (approx cost £65)
- Therapy couch (desirable for home practice) (approx cost £190)
The cost of the course is £325 (subject to change for the new academic year). To secure your place you can book and pay in our online shop by clicking the ‘Book & Pay’ button at the top of the page.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.