The course is intended for electrical operatives who are responsible for the inspection and testing of electrical equipment in the workplace, holiday parks, etc.
In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) – 4340
The course will provide the candidate with a full working knowledge of the latest edition of the Institute of Engineering and Technology Code of Practice and will comprise a mix of theory and practical work.
- An on–screen examination which covers theory, principles, legislation, etc.
- Centre marked practical assessment.
N.B. The examination is open book and candidates will require the IET Code of Practice for In‐service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4thEdition) for the examination
- There is an element of knowledge of electrical science required to undertake the course and candidates must have qualified to at least a Level 2 in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Entry to the course will be subject to interview by an Electrical Department Tutor.
The IET Code of Practice for In‐service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition) ISBN No. 9781 849196260
The cost of the course is £250 (subject to change for the new academic year). To secure your place you can book and pay in our online shop by clicking the ‘Book & Pay’ button at the top of the page.
- Subsidies are available to eligible employed learners
- Personal Learning Account (PLA) funding may be available for this course (subject to eligibility). Click here for more information.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.