The course is intended for electrical operatives who are responsible for the inspection and testing of electrical equipment in the workplace, holiday parks, etc. Also called Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4340 PAT testing)
The course will provide the candidate with a full working knowledge of the latest edition of the Institute of Engineering and Technology Code of Practice and will comprise a mix of theory and practical work.
- An on–screen examination which covers theory, principles, legislation, etc.
- Centre marked practical assessment.
N.B. The examination is open book and candidates will require the IET Code of Practice for In‐service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (5thEdition) for the examination
- IET Code of Practice for In‐service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (5thEdition) textbook will be required prior to the start of the course
- Owing to the level of technical knowledge required to undertake the course, candidates must have qualified to at least a Level 2 in electrical installation work
- Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (Electrical Regulations); 5th edition (21 Oct. 2020) ISBN:978-1785619663
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.