The City and Guilds 6035 Diploma is designed as an industry recognised alternative to the NVQ Diploma for those candidates without an appropriate work placement. The qualification covers many areas within plumbing and domestic heating, such as hot and cold water supplies, sanitation and understanding health and safety within building services engineering.
- Unit 201/501 Health and safety in building services engineering
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Unit 302 Plumbing system installation planning
- Unit 303/603 Complex cold water systems
- Unit 304/604 Domestic hot water
- Unit 305 Sanitation and drainage systems
- Unit 306/606 Central heating systems
- Unit 307 Domestic gas principles
- Unit 308 Career awareness in building services engineering
- Online multi choice test for each unit plus a final examination
- Practical assessments
- Internal Assessment
- Computer based Examination
- Completion of a relevant level 2 qualification
- Each application considered on individual merit
- Entry may be subject to interview
- Safety boots
- Coveralls – to be purchased via the College online shop at enrolment
Part-Time (Day Release) – £1,000 per year (subject to change for the new academic year)
Progression could be to the second year of an NVQ 3 qualification or to a level 3 qualification in Plumbing or Gas.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.