The main aim of the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reiki is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide reiki treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the complementary therapy industry.
This course normally runs on a Monday 17:30 – 21:00 for 34 weeks starting in September (actual date to be confirmed).
The qualification consists of 3 mandatory units.
The main skills the learner will develop are;
- recognition of contra-indications
- explaining concepts and theories of energy and vibrational medicine
- selecting and demonstrating appropriate symbols and hand positions
- demonstrating dowsing and kinesiology to discern the effectiveness of the treatment
- explaining the value of visualisation and intoning symbols
- adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs and evaluating and reviewing the reiki treatment plan
The learner will also learn about related health and safety, client care and communication and professional conduct and business awareness which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the reiki skills listed above effectively in particular the anatomy and physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a complementary therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a reiki practitioner
Level 2 or above in Massage/Complementary Therapies or Level 3 in a massage related qualification e.g. Beauty Therapy
- Name badge, black or navy therapy tunic and trousers (approx cost £65)
- Therapy couch (desirable for home practice) (approx cost £190)
£675 (subject to change for the new academic year)
Once learners have achieved the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reiki Massage, they may progress on to higher or other equivalent qualifications at level 3 for example:
Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy Massage
Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology