Modules studied will include
- Fundamental safe working practice
- Structure of the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Environmental sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Plumbing science
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Copper pipework
- Installation, repair & maintenance of plumbing systems
Essential skills (embedded in main programme) You will also study GCSE , maths and /or English if you do not have a grade C. Those with a grade C will upskill in literacy and/or numeracy.
- Practical examination
- Computer based examination
- Two GCSEs at grade D or above to include English Language/First Language Welsh and Maths
- Each application considered on individual merit
- Entry is subject to interview
- An enthusiasm and commitment to study is essential
- Students must provide their own lace-up steel toe cap safety boots
- Flame retardant overalls – £25
- Tape measure
- Textbook (to be discussed at interview) – £25
All post 16 learners who undertake this course (Welsh Government funded provision over 40 hours) are required to undertake the WEST (Wales Essential Skill Toolkit) Full Diagnostic Initial Assessment for Communication, Application of Number and Digital Literacy within the first four weeks of their course.
Possible progression to further study in plumbing, for example the City and Guilds Level 2 Plumbing Diploma.
The College takes all reasonable steps to provide the educational services and courses as described above. Details are correct at the time of editing but may be subject to change without prior notice. Courses will not run if student numbers are insufficient. The College has the right to refuse individuals entry to courses in certain circumstances. Prospective students may be advised of more suitable alternatives, if appropriate. The entry requirements stated are those that are normally required to undertake the programme of study.