Choosing to study your A‑levels at Pembrokeshire College gives you the opportunity to focus on a suite of subjects that really interest you as well as building strong foundations to successfully progress to university, an apprenticeship or employment. We offer a range of high‑quality A‑level subjects and enrichment activities that will prepare you fully for your next steps.
As an A‑level learner at Pembrokeshire College, you will receive everything you would expect from your academic studies and more! We have a dedicated A‑level team who will support you in your academic pursuits and provide pastoral care plus additional cross‑College opportunities and support services that you will be able to get involved with and take advantage of.
We offer our A-level learners the opportunity to complete their Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales (ASBW) projects and/or their tutorials in the medium of Welsh.
Choose 3 AS Level subjects and the Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales (ASBW)
Choose 4 AS Level subjects with the option of also completing an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) – for SEREN learners with 6 A* grades at GCSE only (based on national SEREN criteria)
The A‑level team is made up of a faculty management team and support coaches. We are committed to make sure that your transition to College is a smooth one and we are all here to support you, in addition to your subject lecturers, throughout your A‑level programme.
“All the teachers are very passionate about their subjects and are really invested in us. They really care about giving us the best support possible. They are always there to help us.
“There are so many ways to have your voice heard in College. The Learner Executive have many student Ambassadors that are on hand to help. We’ve got committees and clubs, and feedback directly to the management. They’re always interested in listening to our opinions.”
All A‑level lessons take place on the main campus this is where our classrooms, science laboratories, drama studio and IT classrooms are based. However, some subjects such as Media Studies, Music or Photography you will have lessons in the Technology & Innovation Centre (TIC) building on the main campus to access our Mac Suites, photography studio and dark room.
Every AS level subject is timetabled for five hours of classroom time a week and the Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales is timetabled for three and a half hours per week. The total number of timetabled hours each week will depend on which route you decide to take (Route 1 – 3 subjects plus ASBW or Route 2 – 4 subjects plus EPQ). In addition to academic study, you will also have an hour group tutorial session with your Pastoral Coach and a 1:1 tutorial at least every three weeks.
We offer our A-level learners the opportunity to complete their ASBW projects and/or their tutorials in the medium of Welsh. This is in option block 1 on the grid.
Pembrokeshire College is committed to developing its bilingual provision and ethos. We encourage all our learners to develop their Welsh language skills.
The A‑level programme is a two‑year course. You will sit AS level examinations at the end of year one which provides 40% of the overall A‑level qualification. At the end of year two, you will sit your A2 level examinations which provide the remaining 60% of the overall A‑level qualification.
In the Advanced Skills Baccalaureate Wales (ASBW), you complete two projects in year one (Global Communities & Future Destinations) and one project in year two (Individual Project). This qualification has the same value as an A‑level subject.
Please view our academic College Calendar for term dates. Please note that next year’s dates may change slightly, but we will endeavour to keep the website up to date.
To apply to College you’ll need to complete an online application form via the College website. Just find an A‑level course you’re interested in and click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
You only need to submit one application and you list the A‑level subjects you are applying for in the application.
You will need to create an account which will allow you to track your application.
Please use a personal email address and not a school one.
Transport is provided free of charge to full-time further education learners under the age of 19 on 1st September on the year of entry. If you have an Additional Learning Need (ALN) which makes it difficult for you to walk to College, or access mainstream transport, please refer to our Transport Guidance for Learners with ALN.
Learners aged 19 years and over will need to contribute to the cost of transport.
Please view our Bus Timetable.
If you get stuck please contact our main reception (01437 753 000) and they will put you through to our Estates department.
© 2023 Pembrokeshire College. All rights reserved