Gain a Level 3 qualification in either Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid at Work. These courses are aimed at people who wish to learn how to respond to emergencies in any situation not only the workplace. The courses are assessed throughout the day and completion of a workbook is required. Suitable for those aged 16 and over.
Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
Level 3 First Aid at WorkThe First Aid at Work Syllabus Includes:
This is a full Health and Safety Executive (HSE) approved First Aid at Work course, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Once qualified, holders of this First Aid at Work certificate can be used as First Aiders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. This course can be adapted to suit a particular audience, for example, clerical or engineering staff. The First Aid at Work course is run over three days and includes both theory and practical sessions.
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
- First Aid Priorities
- Managing Incidents
- Basic Life Support
- Examination of a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Common Illnesses
- Heart Attacks
- Eye Injuries
- Recording and Reporting
- First Aid Kits
If you have an additional learning need (ALN) or require support, then an assessment for exam access arrangements will need to be arranged prior to the course. Please make us aware of any support needs when booking onto the course.