Let’s work together
Be part of a successful organisation
Pembrokeshire College is a well established Further Education College, and is one of the largest workplaces in the County employing over 500+ highly qualified and dedicated staff.
We pride ourselves on delivering first class education and training to over 13,000 learners at a vibrant campus in a beautiful county.
As a College we are committed to developing a ‘culture of aspiration’ for our learners, employers and customers. Working at Pembrokeshire College will mean you are well supported and working as part of a staff community.
Our College Community is a welcoming, caring, positive, enthusiastic one, fuelling ambition with opportunities and support to enable everyone to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our diverse job opportunities offer flexibility in developing a career in areas ranging from Teaching, Coaching and Management through to Human Resources, Finance and IT.
- Payment of the ‘Real’ living wage
- Attractive holiday allowance
- Lecturers: 46 days
- Managers: 37 days
- All other staff: 28 days (32 after 5 years)
- Additional College closure days (Christmas period)
- Additional paid leave for caring responsibilities, domestic emergencies and recognised religious events/festivals
- Auto enrolment into Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and/or Teachers Pension Scheme
- Enhanced corporate sickness, adoption, maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible working time off in lieu (TOIL) arrangements
- Secure employment within a large, well-established community College
- Up to 75% discount on part-time courses
- 30% discount in our Hair & Beauty salons
- On-site day nursery facility
- Recognised trade union membership
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme
- Internal staff association scheme
- Discounted on-site gym membership and fitness classes
- On campus cafeteria, shop, Starbucks, training restaurant and coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
- Opportunities to learn/enhance Welsh language skills
- Dedicated health and well-being team for staff
- Mental health first aid, training and support
- Trained peer support
- On-site and telephone counselling support
- Occupational health services
- Emotional health clinics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support groups including: menopause, carers and neurodiversity
- A calendar of health and wellbeing events to support staff and learners
throughout the academic year
- Recognised disability confident leader
- College wide commitment to be Carbon Net Zero by 2030
Pembrokeshire College particularly encourage applications from:
- applicants with good Welsh language verbal communication skills
- applicants with disabilities
- applicants from Minority Ethnic Groups
- Armed Forces Reservists
- job share applicants
All College employees are required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing work.
All Further Education Lecturers, Further Education Support Workers and Work-based Learning Practitioners in Wales are required to register with the Education Workforce Council (EWC), prior to commencing employment. This is to be paid for by the individual at a cost of £45 for Further Education Lecturers and Work-based Learning Practitioners and £15 for Further Education Support Workers.
Pembrokeshire College’s Commitment to the Armed Forces
At Pembrokeshire College we are proud to support the UK’s armed forces and reservists. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant as a voluntary pledge of mutual support between the College community and its local armed forces community.
Armed Forces leavers, veterans or a reservist are guaranteed entry to the College’s selection process for any role providing they meet the essential job criteria. Reservists can potentially access additional annual leave for undertaking reservist activities.
Pembrokeshire College are recognised as a Disability Confident Leader
The College has achieved Disability Confident Leader Status and guarantees access to the College’s selection process for applicants who meet the essential job criteria.