Air Source and Ground Source Heat Pumps
LCL Awards Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pumps Systems (Non- refrigerant Circuits)
This is a nationally recognised qualification course is aimed at experienced heating engineers who wish to fit non-refrigerant heat pumps.
Is this course right for me?
This five day qualification is for learners to be able to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to install heat pumps systems within the Building Services Engineering (BSE) renewable sector. The target groups for the qualification are those learners who are:
- Updating occupational competence, continuous professional development and/or obtaining a licence to practice
- Preparing for further learning or training and/or developing knowledge and/or skills in a subject area and are existing workers in the occupation seeking to extend their range of work
Learners should have a minimum NVQ Level 2/3 qualification in plumbing or conventional heating engineering, plus Water Regulations/Byelaws.
Units to be studied include:
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover heat pump systems (non-refrigerant circuits)
- Install, commission and handover heat pumps (non-refrigerant circuits)
- Know the requirements to inspect, service and maintain heat pump system installations (non-refrigerant circuits)
- Inspect, service and maintain heat pump installations (non- refrigerant circuits)
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Practical assessment during the course
- Practical examination
- Written examination
- Copies of prior learning and/or qualifications