Is this course right for me?
This six week course is for anyone who wants to learn general knowledge of basic car maintenance and will cover tyre checks, basic dashboard lighting, vehicle electrics, MOT testing, windscreen wipers maintenance and basic engine components.
This course is delivered through practical workshop activities and brief lectures.
You will be trained and assessed on practical tasks undertaken in our fully equipped motor vehicle workshops.
- No formal entry requirements
- You should be physically capable of completing the practical elements of this course
- Learners must be at least 16 years old
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment.
- Practical skills required in Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance.
- Winter Essentials & Driving Tips.
- Knowledge of Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance and Pre-MOT Inspection.
- Skills in Maintaining Light Vehicle Chassis Units and Components.
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Engineering flame retardant coveralls - £35
- Engineering safety boots - £14/£35
Any costs above are approximate and may change. For information on refunds and course cancellations please see the fee policy.