An opportunity to unlock potential and possibility.
Is this course right for me?
This one year course is normally aimed at learners who were expected to achieve at least grade C or above at GCSE, but have not had the opportunity for a variety of reasons eg. home education, health etc. The course will include GCSE Maths, English Language, Psychology and Media, with an option to study GCSE Biology alongside and will prepare you for progression onto A-levels or Level 3 Diploma courses.
- We welcome applications from learners who have not had the opportunity to complete GCSEs for various reasons (home educated, health, etc) but would have been expected to do well
- Each application is considered on individual merit
- Entry is subject to attending a course information session or informal interview
- Not applicable
Programme will include:
- GCSE English Language resit programme – 2 hours per week
- GCSE Mathematics resit programme – 2 hours per week
- GCSE Psychology – 4 hours per week
- GCSE Media – 4 hours per week
- Welsh Baccalaureate – level 3 – 3.5 hours per week
- Tutorial –1 hour per week
- Note – GCSE Biology – is an additional GCSE on offer outside of the main programme for learners who want to undertake another subject. This is offered as an evening class-2.5 hours per week.
Pastoral Care and Support
Each learner will have a pastoral coach who will be their point of contact throughout their time in Pembrokeshire College. Each learner will have access to sessions with a Study Skills Advisor for additional academic support, outside of timetabled sessions.
- the course you are taking at College
- what grades you gained in your GCSE Maths and/or English Language
Wales Essential Skills Toolkit (WEST) in upskilling / Lessons in Financial Education
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Practical examination
- Written examination
Learners predominantly progress to A level programme but other Level 2/3 Programmes (Diploma/Extended Diplomas) are also possible options.
- No additional equipment required
- You may be eligible for funding. Find out more on our student finance page
Any costs above are approximate and may change.
|Online Learning Elements?