Is this course right for me?
This one day Gas Safety Assessment is designed to test the gas safety competence of an operative to install, exchange, commission, disconnect, service, repair and breakdown of domestic gas fired central heating/hot water boilers and circulators, combination boilers, storage water heaters and instantaneous water heaters of heat input ≤ 70kW by knowledge & understanding and practical assessments.
Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety (CCN1), plus certification for the appliances you intend to work on.
Topics to be covered include:
- Gas Safety Legislation and Standards
- Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
- Products and Characteristics of Combustion
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Tightness Testing and Purging
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Unsafe Situations, Emergency Notices, and Warning Labels
- Operation and Checking of Appliance Gas Safety Devices and Controls
- Chimney Standards
- Chimney Inspection and Testing
- Installation of Open, Balanced and Gas Assisted Chimneys
- Re-establish Existing Gas Supply and Relight Appliances
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Practical examination
- Written examination
- Copies of prior learning and/or qualifications