AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Covering higher accounting tasks this qualification can lead to a range of more senior finance roles.
No available seats
Is this course right for me?
This Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) course will prepare you for the nationally recognised examinations which are highly regarded by both industry and professional accountancy practices, leading to excellent employment opportunities for successful students.
There is a 20% concession to the cost if previous level has been completed.
On completion of this course you will need to register with AAT to become a member (admission and annual memberships fees are payable).
This 34 week (one academic year) course normally runs on a Tuesday, 09:00 – 17:00, starting in September
- You will be expected to have successfully completed the previous level in this subject area or similar
- Life skills, experience and maturity are important
- Each application is considered on individual merit
Mandatory units to be studied will include:
- Drafting financial statements
- Drafting budgets
- Measuring financial performance
- Evaluating accounting systems
- Professional ethics in accounting and finance (unless completed at Level 3)
Optional units to choose from:
- Cash management
- Credit management
- Calculating personal tax – recommended
- Calculating business tax – recommended
- Auditing financial statements
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Online examination
Careers in accountancy, private practice, industry, commerce or public sector. Learners who successfully pass this level and have a minimum of one year’s full-time or equivalent part-time approved work experience may apply for membership to the Association. Members are entitled to use the designatory letters MAAT after passing this level and can progress to the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (study available) and other specialist chartered bodies.
- Stationery - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course
- Text books - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course, most text books are available to loan from the college library or online libraries
- You may be eligible for funding. Find out more on our student finance page