VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments
This is an advanced beauty therapy course, ideal if you have just gained your Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification, or have worked in a salon or similar job for some time and want to become a senior member of staff and to demonstrate specialist skills.
No available seats
Is this course right for me?
This one year qualification, is intensive and challenging, includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist.
This 34 weeks (one academic year) course normally runs on Tuesdays, 09:00 – 18:00, starting in September. This will include an evening in the College’s commercial salon and candidates may be required to bring their own clients into the salon in order to complete the assessments in a range of skills.
- You will be expected to have successfully completed the previous level in this subject area or similar
- Good personal presentation and communication skills are required
- Each application is considered on individual merit
The course consists of eight units with an emphasis on practical assessments, assignment deadlines, external tests plus graded assessments. You will attend timetabled salon and classroom sessions for all units:
- Working with colleagues within beauty related industries – this unit looks at the skills you need to communicate effectively and form good working relationships.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon – whether you work in a salon, spa, cruise liner or on set, you need to know how to maintain a safe environment for staff, clients and models. You will learn how to carry out risk assessments, get guidance on the types of insurance that are needed, and look at how to induct new staff and the type of training and support they may need.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries – in this industry you need excellent verbal skills including using different questioning techniques. You will learn about body language, how to conduct yourself in a salon situation and legal requirements you need to be aware of.
- Promote and sell products and services to clients – this unit will help you to gain confidence by looking differently at the art of selling and promoting products and services.
- Provide body massage – in this unit you will learn how to choose the most appropriate techniques and products to suit the client. This unit includes the use of Infra-red lamps and mechanical massage equipment.
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments – this unit will give you the knowledge, techniques and expertise to treat a wide range of skin problems. The treatments include High Frequency, Vacuum suction, EMS, Desincrustation, Iontophoresis and Microcurrent (Non-surgical facial).
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments – this unit will give you the knowledge, techniques and expertise to treat a wide range of skin and body problems. The treatments include High Frequency, Vacuum suction, EMS, Desincrustation, Iontophoresis and Microcurrent (Non-surgical body).
- Provide self-tanning – In this unit you will learn how to apply the perfect tan to the body and face, by manual and spray application.
- Provide micro-dermabrasion – this treatment uses a controlled flow of crystals to mechanically exfoliate the surface of the skin. It also covers the skin types and conditions you are likely to come across in facial work and how to advise clients on product usage and lifestyle changes.
- Apply stone therapy – You will learn how to carry out the recognised techniques, involving the fusion of heat, coolness, massage and balancing of energies with skill and confidence.
This course will include weekly attendance at evening commercial sessions and you will be required to arrange your own transport.
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical examination
- If taken as an apprenticeship then reviews with your assessor and employer will take place every 1-2 months and you will be expected to have developed your skills and knowledge between each review
Successful completion of this course and progression to a higher level programme could lead to a number of future career opportunities including: Beauty Therapist, Make-up Artist, Nail Technician, Masseur, Complementary Therapist, Special Effects Make-up Artist, Skincare Specialist, Image Consultant/Stylist, Aromatherapist.
Following completion of this course you might want to try another one of our work-based courses.
- Text books - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course, most text books are available to loan from the college library or online libraries
- A uniform, which you can purchase online before you start the course
- Specific beauty therapy kit, which you can purchase online before you start the course
- You may be eligible for funding. Find out more on our student finance page
Any costs above are approximate and may change.
- No additional costs