Electrical Energy Storage Systems: Installation and Commissioning
LCL Awards Level 3 Award in the Design, Installation and Commissioning of Electrical Energy Storage Systems
This is a regulated qualification for those wishing to design, install and commission Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
Is this course right for me?
This regulated qualification is for those wishing to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in the design, installation and commissioning of Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
The qualification has been designed in conjunction with the latest IET Code of Practice and is recognised by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
This qualification has been updated to BS7671:2018 Amendment 2 (2022) and current industry requirements.
This qualification is aimed at electricians working within domestic and/or non-domestic premises and they shall hold as a minimum;
- A Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 (current edition) and
- A Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations or a combined award including Periodic Inspection & Testing
If the applicant does not hold a Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, then they must hold one of the following;
- A Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
- A SVQ in Electrical Installations (SCQF Level 7)
- A Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- An Experienced Worker Qualification
- An ECS Gold Card (Installation or Approved Electrician)
- Be a member of a competent person scheme, as a Qualified Supervisor that meets the requirements of the Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS)
- The learner will know the key requirements for installation of electrical energy storage systems
- The learner will know and identify equipment, arrangements and operating modes of electrical energy storage systems
- The learner will understand the preparation of design and installation of electrical energy storage systems
- The learner will be able to prepare for the installation of electrical energy storage systems
- The learner will be able to install electrical energy storage systems
- The learner will understand requirements for initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems
The learner will be able to conduct initial verification and handover of electrical energy storage systems.
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Practical examination
- Online examination
Following completion of this course you might want to try another one of our Energy Centre courses.
- Copies of prior learning and/or qualifications
- No additional costs
- Personal Learning Account (PLA) funding may be available for this course (subject to eligibility). Click here for more information or contact email@example.com
Any costs above are approximate and may change. For information on refunds and course cancellations please see the fee policy.