Hot Water: Solar Thermal Heating
Is this course right for me?
This five day training and assessment course is for those learners currently employed in the plumbing and domestic heating industry providing them with the necessary training to develop their existing skills. It covers the design, installation and maintenance of solar thermal hot water systems.
Learners should have a minimum NVQ level 2/3 qualification in plumbing or conventional heating engineering, a Domestic Vented and Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems Certificate and Water Regulations.
Units to be studied include:
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover solar thermal hot water systems
- Inspect, service and maintain ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
- Install, commission and handover ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
- Know the requirements to inspect, service and maintain ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually. Visit our Welsh Language in the College page to find out what else is available to you.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Practical examination
- Written examination
- Copies of prior learning and/or qualifications