Education and Training
Education and Training
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Education and Training (6502-31)
This course provides an entry point and introduction for those new to teaching and training or wishing to teach or train in the further education and skills sector.
Under 19’s are eligible for a reduced fee of 20% of the full cost.
Is this course right for me?
This course is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and/or training which has no teaching/training practice requirement. Therefore it may be undertaken by learners who are not in a teaching role.
- No formal entry requirements
- Life skills, experience and maturity are important
- Each application is considered on individual merit
Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods. They will also be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
Units to be studied include:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
These will provide you with an understanding of essential elements including:
- Learning and teaching strategies
- Role and responsibilities
- Relationships between teachers and other professionals
- Delivering effective learning and teaching sessions
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Inclusive learning and teaching
- Opportunities for learners to practise their literacy, language, numeracy and ICT skills
- Evaluating own practice in delivering inclusive learning and teaching
- Types and methods of assessment
- Record keeping
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually.
- Continuous assessment during the course
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical examination
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers.
Following successful completion of this course learners could look to progress to a higher level course at the College, seek an appropriate Apprenticeship or go directly into employment.
- Stationery - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course
Any costs above are approximate and may change.
- No additional costs