Teaching, Learning & Development
Teaching, Learning & Development
Suitable for those either supporting teaching and learning in an education environment or responsible for delivery of teaching and learning.
We offer apprenticeships in;
- Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning – suitable for those in LSA role
- Level 3 Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning – suitable for those in LSA or support role within education
- Level 3 Learning & Development – suitable for those delivering training
If not taken as an apprenticeship – cost:
Is this course right for me?
Suitable for those either supporting teaching and learning in an education environment or responsible for delivery of teaching and learning. People of any age can undertake an apprenticeship in these areas and we offer Apprenticeships at Level 2 & 3 in Supporting teaching and learning and Level 3 Learning & Development. Access is subject to interview. Apprenticeships comprise of:
- An NVQ qualification (competence & knowledge based and assessed in the workplace)
- Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Qualifications unless you are exempt
To apply for an apprenticeship, you must have an employer willing to employ you for the duration of your apprenticeship.
Your employer will need to:
- Provide us with evidence of suitable insurance and evidence of your employment status
- Be happy to discuss Health and Safety procedures with your assessor
- Pay you the appropriate national minimum wage
- Contribute to monthly planned assessor visits/appointments to observe you and discuss your progress
Are you an Employer looking to take on an Apprentice?
- No formal entry requirements
- You will be expected to be in relevant job role
- Each application is considered on individual merit
- Entry is subject to an informal interview
- Learners must be at least 16 years old
These qualifications provide the necessary skills and recognition for those working in roles in a support role within the Education sector or delivering learning or training to a variety of audiences e.g. workplace training.
Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning is suitable for those in roles such as learning support assistant or teaching assistant. It will develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in schools. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting those with disabilities or special educational needs.
Qualification: NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 3 Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning is suitable for those in roles such as learning support assistant, pastoral assistant, learning coach or behaviour support assistant. It provides an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in school environments such as learning support assistant. Covering all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering, and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher, bilingual and special needs support, and personal development and reflective practice.
Qualification: NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 3 Learning & Development is suitable for those in a role where you are responsible for the delivery of learning and development such as In-house Trainers, Training Managers, External Trainers, Assessors, Workplace Managers or Supervisors.
Qualification: City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development (6318-03)
Learners are able to complete either the full qualification or certain units or elements through the medium of Welsh/bilingually.
- Portfolio of evidence
- Visits from your assessor to your place of work
On completion of this qualification, you can progress onto the next level if available or continue with current employment.
- No additional equipment required
- Stationery - you will be told about any specific items before you start the course